COVID-19 Booking Assurance
We realize everyone is concerned about when worldwide travel will return to normal, so we want to provide some assurance that you can purchase your “Whales of the Silver Bank” trip with confidence knowing that you will have some options if conditions cause the cancellation of your trip. From your initial reservation through to your eventual departure after the trip, we’ll be here and ready to make the entire process an enjoyable memory. We’re proud of our 30 year history in introducing our guests to the whales of the Silver Bank; we and our chartered boat owner entered 2020 in a strong position and look forward to many more years of operation.
We’d like to assure all of our guests that, if we must cancel any scheduled trip due to COVID-19 related reasons, we will provide you with a 100% credit of the room rate paid (fees excluded) in order to reschedule your trip aboard another departure within the next 24 months. Also, if any of the following conditions apply within 2 weeks of departure and you are not able to join your scheduled trip, we will provide you with a 100% credit of the room rate paid (fees excluded) in order to reschedule your trip aboard another departure within the next 24 months:
1. A flight ban or travel ban preventing travel from your country of origin to the Dominican Republic
2. “Shelter in place” notice or government quarantine order, either at your location or ours
3. Your exhibition of symptoms consistent with or diagnosis of COVID-19 (a doctor’s note will be required), or close proximity within 15 days of departure to someone diagnosed by a medical professional with COVID-19
4. Inability to join your scheduled departure due to a positive COVID-19 test result or screening failure either en-route or upon arrival
5. For destinations where a negative COVID-19 test is required within a specified timeframe and you’ve had the test performed/submitted within the first 12 hours of the required testing period, but results have not been returned in time for departure or pre-clearance submission
6. You are a front-line (ER/ICU/COVID Unit) health care worker unable to take time off work due to COVID-related hospital leave policies.
Please contact us for specific rebooking options and documentation requirements.
If you would like your other costs – air ticket costs or price changes, change fees, hotel costs etc. – to be covered, we highly recommend that you research your travel insurance purchase thoroughly to be sure that they are covered for COVID related conditions. As of July 2020, DiveAssure, in particular, is offering some COVID-related coverage in their travel insurance policies.
Please note that this offer is not transferable to any other party and cannot be combined with any other offers. If you are unwilling to travel due to fear of the outbreak, we understand and sympathize, but normal cancellation terms and conditions would apply.
We’re looking forward to you meeting the whales with us soon!
From Our Clients
The Crew did a great job evaluating and then setting up the encounters to maximize the time in the water with the whales. The food was excellent as was the after dinner presentations.
-- Matt and Joedee Foster